Friday, February 8, 2008
If a quote were a vote what would you say?
“I call heaven and earth to witness this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Choose therefore life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”
“Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.”
– Jesus (see above)
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
– Declaration of Independence. (Rights sworn to be upheld by the President)
“Abortion is an ugly thing, a debasing thing, a thing which inevitably brings remorse and sorrow and regret.”
– LDS President Gordon B Hinckley
“In the last forty-plus years, 15 million black people have been denied their most basic civil right, the right to life. Roughly one quarter of the black population is now missing.”
- Dr. Alveda King, the niece of human rights campaigner, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
“Guilty? Yes. No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; But oh, thrice guilty is he who drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime!”
– Susan B. Anthony (A true feminist)
“…a concerted effort to steadily roll back [access to abortions]”
– Barack Obama (Speaking at the Planned Parenthood conference in DC rejecting the Gonzales v. Carhart decision -- which upheld a ban on partial-birth abortion. Explained in section I paragraph four of the dissenting opinion)
"Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying... demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism ...[Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a deadweight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant ... We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all."
– Margaret Sanger. The Pivot of Civilization , Chapter on "The Cruelty of Charity," (Founder of Planned Parenthood and The Negro Project)
“...a subordinate and inferior class of beings...”
– in [Dred] Scott v. Sandford.
“the word 'person,' as used in the [Constitution], does not include the unborn.”
– Roe v. Wade.
So what say you Christian brethren?